As listed in a post by CGA Management this is British but applies to American companies).
- Reduced travel time and cost.
- Easier to locate and retain talent. Remote workers have a lower attrition rate and fewer sick days.
- More diverse teams improve performance.
- Increased productivity - flexible hours, less breaks and time off.
- Reduced discrimination - employees with disabilities can work better from home; since productivity is the goal there is more equality.
- Reduced environmental impact.
- Social and professional isolation.
- Different generational attitudes to technology.
- Organizations may not use best technology.
- Some industries (manufacturing, hospitality) cannot operate well remotely.
- Not all individuals are suitable.
- Increased data and security breaches.
Organizations that maximize the advantages and minimize the disadvantages will be more successful in the new normal.