A post by Brad Redisail on the Techopedia website (https://www.tecopedia.com-5-cybersecurity-predictions-for-2022/2/34651) discusses the views of cybersecurity and IT experts on top issues for 2022.
- Preventing ransomware should be the #1 objective.
- There will be a clear definition of "reasonable security" and the need for risk management services will increase.
- Managed service providers will require their clients to use reasonable security measures.
- To accommodate hybrid workers, employees will have "touchdown spots" rather than permanent offices. "Hot desking" will allow users to pick any work station and use it. (Multiple users on a device will create security issues that must be addressed.)
- The shortage of cybersecurity professionals will increase, and companies will rely more on generalists.